Glide Technique of David Storl, by Wilko Schaaby Global Throwing
In this lecture, coach Wilko talks about the glide technique and on example of one of the last great gliders David Storl. He will cover the technical development of David throughout the years, also the insights to German sports science. He takes the glide technique in simple pieces and gives his comments on the push off, transition, power position and delivery.
This lecture was recorded at the 1st European Shot Put Conference in 2019.
OTHER EUROPEAN SHOT PUT CONFERENCE 2019 LECTURES
1. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Dale Stevenson
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
2. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT by Wilko Schaa
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
3. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
5. We have also available an ELITE DISCUS lecture series by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson (coach of World Champion Daniel Stahl and Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter).
- Practical Throwing Session
- Practical Lifting Session
- Technical Theory
- Planning of Training
The next European Discus Throw Conference will be held on 6th-8th November 2020 in Tallinn Estonia. More info at www.throwsworld.com
Wilko Schaa is a personal coach of World Champion David Storl and also a well-known biomechanics expert in the throwing events. Wilko is a new generation coach from the German training system. He has successfully combined the science and practical training in the glide technique.