Practical Throwing Session with David Storl by Wilko Schaaby Global Throwing
In this lecture, coach Wilko Schaa and David Storl have a practical throwing session. Lecture includes a short overview of the phases of the glide, throwing preparation on example of David, basic technical exercises, Push-Off and Transition preparation, exercises and specific development. This lecture gives a great insight to David’s throwing session.
This lecture was recorded at the 1st European Shot Put Conference in 2019.
OTHER EUROPEAN SHOT PUT CONFERENCE 2019 LECTURES
1. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Dale Stevenson
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
2. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT by Wilko Schaa
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
3. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
5. We have also available an ELITE DISCUS lecture series by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson (coach of World Champion Daniel Stahl and Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter).
The next European Discus Throw Conference will be held on 6th-8th November 2020 in Tallinn Estonia. More info at www.throwsworld.com
Wilko Schaa is a personal coach of World Champion David Storl and also a well-known biomechanics expert in the throwing events. Wilko is a new generation coach from the German training system. He has successfully combined the science and practical training in the glide technique.