Planning of Training for Tom Walsh by Dale Stevensonby Global Throwing
Dale Stevenson is a former shot putter and he is the coach of Tom Walsh, world champion from 2017 outdoors, 2x world champion indoors (2016 and 2018), olympic bronze from 2016, Diamond League champion and the Record Holder of New Zealand with a massive throw of 22.90m.
Here is the third lecture by coach Stevenson - Planning of Training for Tom Walsh, where Dale gives us the a detailed overview of the progress of Tom Walsh and how to improve those important factors to become successful, theoretical introduction/planning basics and examples of excercises on different training phases and example of building up the 2019 season plan.
This lecture was recorded at the 1st European Shot Put Conference in 2019.
OTHER EUROPEAN SHOT PUT CONFERENCE 2019 LECTURES
1. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Dale Stevenson
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
2. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT by Wilko Schaa
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
3. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
5. We have also available an ELITE DISCUS lecture series by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson (coach of World Champion Daniel Stahl and Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter).
The next European Discus Throw Conference will be held on 6th-8th November 2020 in Tallinn Estonia. More info at www.throwsworld.com
Dale Stevenson is a former shot putter from Australia. He is a personal coach of Tom Walsh (PB 22.90m), world champion from 2017 outdoors, 2x world champion indoors (2016 and 2018), olympic bronze from 2016, Diamond League champion and the Record Holder of New Zealand with a massive throw of 22.90m.