Elite Discus - Practical Lifting Sessionby Global Throwing
"Vésteinn Hafsteinsson: Elite Discus" is a comprehensive lecture series recorded at the European Discus Conference 2018 in Växjö, Sweden.
There is total of 6 hours video material and it is divided into 4 topics all separately available here on CoachTube.
Under this lecture we have Elite Discus - Practical Lifting Session. This lecture is in cooperation with Coach Hafsteinsson athletes Daniel Ståhl, Simon Pettersson, Jakob Gardenkrans and Fanny Roos. Athletes are used as role models to demonstrate the different excercises used in their training program. Lecture includes heavy lifting sets for Daniel Ståhl and also for Fanny Roos on women side.
In this lecture:
1. Olympic Weight Lifting
2. Training Methods for Olympic Lifts
3. Power Lifting
4. Training Methods for Power Lifts
5. Snatch and variations
6. Clean and variations
7. Jerk and and variations
8. Squats and variations
10. Bench Press
11. Other exercises used in the group
12. Strength levels, analysis
Under each section, athletes will show the variations of exercises they use in the gym.
Other online courses available from Global Throwing:
1. OLYMPIC LIFTING FOR THROWERS by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
2. A Collection of Discus Throw and Shot Put Analysis (23 pcs) by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
3. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT courses by Dale Stevenson (coach of World Champion Tom Walsh)
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
4. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT courses by Wilko Schaa (coach of World Champion David Storl)
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
5. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
Vésteinn Hafsteinsson was a full time discus thrower from 1986-1996. He took part in five World Championships, two European Championships and four Olympic Games. Currently he is working full-time as an international throwing coach. Among athletes that he has coached are Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter, World and European meddalists Daniel Ståhl and Joachim B. Olsen.