Rotational Throwing Session with Fanny Roos, by Vésteinn Hafsteinssonby Global Throwing
In this lecture, coach Vesteinn will have a practical rotational throwing session with Fanny Roos (PB 19.06m). Vesteinn will give a simple overview of the technical basics of rotational technique and then he will go more in detail on the Swing, the Turn, the Sprint, the Reaction, the Power Position and the Release. All sections are demonstrated in the ring by Fanny Roos. Also coach will share the throwing drills they use to improve different parts of the throw (again demonstrated by Fanny).
This lecture was recorded at the 1st European Shot Put Conference in 2019.
OTHER EUROPEAN SHOT PUT CONFERENCE 2019 LECTURES
1. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Dale Stevenson
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
2. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT by Wilko Schaa
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
3. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
5. We have also available an ELITE DISCUS lecture series by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson (coach of World Champion Daniel Stahl and Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter).
The next European Discus Throw Conference will be held on 6th-8th November 2020 in Tallinn Estonia. More info at www.throwsworld.com
Vésteinn Hafsteinsson was a full time discus thrower from 1986-1996. He took part in five World Championships, two European Championships and four Olympic Games. Currently he is working full-time as an international throwing coach. Among athletes that he has coached are Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter, World Champion Daniel Ståhl and European Champion Joachim B. Olsen.