Technical Training of Tom Walsh by Dale Stevensonby Global Throwing
Dale Stevenson is a former shot putter and he is the coach of Tom Walsh, world champion from 2017 outdoors, 2x world champion indoors (2016 and 2018), olympic bronze from 2016, Diamond League champion and the Record Holder of New Zealand with a massive throw of 22.90m.
In this first Elite Shot Put lecture "Technical Training of Tom Walsh" you will get coach Dale Stevenson's insight of how they think shot. Dale explains the specifics of training Tom Walsh - you will learn the basics and the key aspects of rotational technique, the drills and excercises they do, and you will also explore the technical issues they have been working on.
Learn from the best to become the best!
This lecture was recorded at the 1st European Shot Put Conference in 2019.
ALL EUROPEAN SHOT PUT CONFERENCE 2019 LECTURES:
1. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Dale Stevenson
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
2. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT by Wilko Schaa
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
3. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
You might also be interested in ELITE DISCUS lecture series by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson (coach of World Champion Daniel Stahl and Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter).
The next European Discus Throw Conference will be held on 6th-8th November 2020 in Tallinn Estonia. More info at www.throwsworld.com
Dale Stevenson is a former shot putter from Australia. He is a personal coach of Tom Walsh (PB 22.90m), world champion from 2017 outdoors, 2x world champion indoors (2016 and 2018), olympic bronze from 2016, Diamond League champion and the Record Holder of New Zealand with a massive throw of 22.90m.