- Best Mesh Concept Plays by Ron McKie
- Ten Best Running Back Drills by Coach Trevor Strong
- How to Force More Turnovers as a Defensive Back by Brandon Ogle
- 10 NFL AND COLLEGE HEAD COACHES WHO GOT THEIR START IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL by Alex Kirby
- Top 10 Air Raid Offense Plays by Coach Trevor Strong
- You’re a captain, now what? 5 Tips to bring your team together and establish yourself as a true leader by Lester Crafton
- COACHING THE 4-2-5 DEFENSE VS SPREAD TEAMS by Alex Kirby
- FIVE REASONS TO RUN THE 3-3 DEFENSE by Alex Kirby
- 3 NFL ZONE RUN PLAYS FROM WEEK 7 by Alex Kirby
- How to Get Recruited for Collegiate Sports by Brandon Ogle
- How Offensive Coaches Win with Pre-Snap Movements by Trevor Strong
- HOW VAN HALEN AND CHIP KELLY CAN MAKE YOU A BETTER COACH by Alex Kirby
- FIVE REASONS TO RUN THE JET SWEEP by Alex Kirby
- THIS GUY’S DESIGNS ARE MAKING NFL HELMETS LOOK LIKE RELICS by Jacob
- Five Leadership Lessons You Learn Playing Offensive Line Worth More than the Touchdowns You Won’t Be Scoring This Season by Lester Crafton
- 3 Things most High School Coaches are doing wrong with their kickers... by John Carney
- THE #1 THING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOW TO COACH OFFENSIVE LINE by Alex Kirby
- 20 GREAT FOOTBALL PEOPLE TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER by Alex Kirby
- THE GUS MALZAHN QUARTERBACK COUNTER PLAY by Alex Kirby
- FIVE TIPS FROM GUS MALZAHN ON HOW TO BUILD YOUR PLAYBOOK by Alex Kirby
- By Jacob
Every now and then, I see a youth sports video showing a massive kid trucking over an entire team of hapless defenders. Parents and coaches are shouting “oohs” and “ahs” as the kid runs through children a third his size.
Personally, I find these videos annoying. There’s nothing to see. Place an 8th-grade sized kid with a bunch of 3rd graders, and yeah, he’s going to run them over. Surprise, surprise. While we’re at it, let’s watch Vin Diesel box a 120 lb high school freshman.
When I began the above video, I was expecting something similar. You can imagine my surprise when the smallest kid on the field trucked the opposing team’s lineman (okay, fine, I know it was actually the linebacker). The would-be tackler was sporting some major size advantage after all.
It’s just one play in a youth sport’s game, but watching the clip, it honestly plays out like your typical, entirely unbelievable Hollywood sports-clip. There is just no realistic chance that small of a kid is going to RUN OVER the other team… not to mention, follow it up with an ankle-breaking juke and a nasty stiff arm.
And yet, somehow, that little dude pulled it off.
Touché little dude… touché.
If you don’t want to be on Youtube getting trucked by our aforementioned little dude, check out this free course on tackling and defensive technique from Don Bosco’s state-title-winning coaches.