Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory, by Vésteinn Hafsteinssonby Global Throwing
In this lecture, coach Vesteinn talks about the rotational shot put technical theory. He will start the lecture by introducing a young and talented world class thrower Fanny Roos. The lecture has 3 topics:
1. Coach will split up Fanny’s National Record throw 18.88m into 14 frames with deep analysis of the positions, also shown on stage by Fanny Roos.
2. Second block of the lecture is about one of the best throws in the shot put history - Joe Kovacs and his 24m+ foul from 2015 season. For Vesteinn, this is an ideal rotational shot put model and he analyses the throw in 11 frames.
3. And in the third part of the lecture, coach will compare the techniques of Maggie Ewen, Fanny Roos and Anita Marton - giving his insights to pros and cons.
This lecture was recorded at the 1st European Shot Put Conference in 2019.
OTHER EUROPEAN SHOT PUT CONFERENCE 2019 LECTURES
1. ELITE ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Dale Stevenson
- Technical Training of Tom Walsh
- Strength Training of Tom Walsh (practical session)
- Planning of Training for Tom Walsh
2. ELITE GLIDE SHOT PUT by Wilko Schaa
- Practical Throwing Session with David Storl
- Practical Strength Training session with David Storl
- Glide Technique on example of David Storl
- Planning of Training for David Storl
3. ELITE WOMEN ROTATIONAL SHOT PUT by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson
- Rotational Shot Put Session with Fanny Roos (practical)
- Rotational Shot Put Technical Theory
5. We have also available an ELITE DISCUS lecture series by Vésteinn Hafsteinsson (coach of World Champion Daniel Stahl and Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter).
The next European Discus Throw Conference will be held on 6th-8th November 2020 in Tallinn Estonia. More info at www.throwsworld.com
Vésteinn Hafsteinsson was a full time discus thrower from 1986-1996. He took part in five World Championships, two European Championships and four Olympic Games. Currently he is working full-time as an international throwing coach. Among athletes that he has coached are Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter, World Champion Daniel Ståhl and European Champion Joachim B. Olsen.